"We strive to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
— the world's blueprint for building a future of peace and prosperity for all of a healthy planet."
— UN Secretary General António Guterres
Project 17 is dedicated to connecting students across the world through synchronous Zoom discussions about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
OUR APPROACH: THE FIVE P'S
We host four annual synchronous Zoom discussions, each centered around a particular group of SDGs. Starting with the planet and focusing on people and prosperity, we hope to reach peace and partnership.
In addition, we publish writing by our members on our blog and manage a asynchronous discussion board in our member portal.
We are proud to partner with the chapter system of the United Nations Association of the USA (UNA-USA) to create a global network of community leaders for the SDGs.
Project 17 participants will have the unique opportunity to share their ideas on the SDGs with UNA-USA members and officials throughout the United States, creating tangible change through the power of youth perspectives.
For more information about the mission and contributions of UNA-USA, visit their website here.
DON'T SEE YOUR COUNTRY OR REGION?
Become a national or regional director today! You will...
- Be responsible for recruiting new participants in your area
- Spread Project 17's mission to new locations
- Become an integral part of the Project 17 leadership team
- Receive a starter pack of resources to help you gain traction
- Serve as an advocate for cross-cultural collaboration
- Connect with other national and regional directors around the world